Monday, October 27, 2008

On Food and Leaves

I decided to have lunch at Hardees a while ago right after English drained out the cerebrospinal fluid in my nervous system XD. It was the first time I've been to that place so I just ordered their regular hamburger and had my fries and soda upsized to medium, thinking "small" would not be enough for me. Guess what: a "medium" serving of fries is equivalent to about one whole potato and a medium sized soda cup looks like this (compared to a 12 oz can of soda):


Now if THAT is medium, I don't know how large would look like. The same size as a pitcher, I suppose.

And most Americans (and I :p) wonder why they're (we're) fat.

* * *

I read O Henry's "The Last Leaf" a while ago and it was very very beautiful. I'm planning going to read some more of his stories tonight so I can get started on my story analysis paper. I heard "The Gift of the Magi" is also good.